Thursday, December 10, 2009

What would you do if you were in my shoes?

Okay, apart from possibly getting blisters or a sore feet cos I'm a size 5 . . . I'm in a job that I have a couple of years' experience but people who are usually really good at this job are either in their 50's with a lot of experience or at least have a legal background, neither of which I have.



My boss, wanting to give me an opportunity to learn new things, has put me in a position I'm totally unqualified for, this is in addition to the job I'm currently doing.



I recently got a $20k pay rise because our company got listed. But I am still ill equipped to handle this other position that's been assigned to me, a position I did not ask for, and he is well aware that I don't have any experience in. Due to all these reporting deadlines, I don't even have time to figure out how to do this new job properly, let alone my current role. I have absolutely no guidance and am just fumbling around really. I'm mega stressed and experiencing insomnia. I've told the boss I'm struggling.



What would you do if you were in my shoes?ms stress



i would have sex with the director and then sue him for sexual harrassment and get him fired then quit my job and become a Stripper .... but that's just what I would do if I were a girl ......



What would you do if you were in my shoes?home theater system opera theater



Go to your boss and tell him that you know the coordinator has someone else in mind to do the job and you feel that your not ready to take on something that you have to learn on your own. Tell him you feel like your being set up to fall on your face and your stressed out and can't sleep. Ask to give the experienced person the job and you learn it and double team the job. Good luck!
Your Boss obviously has faith in your ability to do the job, or at least learn as you go. If they have given you this responsibility, knowing you knew nothing about it, then it's a fact they will help you along with any questions you may have. Don't stress about it. You will be on top of it soon enough. Then you will wonder why you ever stressed about it so much. It may take a bit, but hang in there. It sounds like a great opportunity for anyone.
This is way too long for P%26amp;S
Your boss is giving you an opportunity to see if you can make the grade. If I were you I would give it my best shot. The thing you need to do is hook-up with a mentor (i.e., someone to show you the ropes). I am sure there are some people in the organization willing to help but you have to step to the plate and ask remembering to swallow your pride. Nothing wrong in asking co-workers for help as long as you put forth the right attitude.
Wow.



Though I don't look through Life with "rose-lenses,"



I Am an optimist, and believe that it's all about



Possibilities.



I'm of the belief that in our lives those Great,



Pleasant Surprises which have suddenly



made themselves part of our realities



can be--at times--foreseen or planned.



What I mean is this:



If it is possible, find someone in your field



who is either in Your "position", the one



you say you're ill at ease with or, someone



who's in your boss's position, and pitch



what you've written here.



I know what it is to need to 'get out,'



but simultaneously, if you think there



IS that chance you can do a crashcourse



72-hour turnaround with a word or



several of wisdom/kindness/guidance



from Someone in a congruent



spot, why not give it a shot?



Perhaps "third scenario" would be they'd



be on top of matters and be able to link



you to another option, a more suitable



work.



THAT would fulfill Everyone's happiness,



of which you'd mentioned.



Hope I've helped.
If i was a girl i would stay at home and play with myself all day...!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan