Thursday, December 10, 2009

On the verge of a BREAKDOWN...need advice..?

I'm 22yrold female, i live alone, i have a lot of bills, I only work part time because I go to school. I don't know where I'm going to get tuition money for next semester, and hopefully I pass my classes for this semester. I absolutely hate my job and mostly everyone I work with. We are all overworked, we get no breaks, and all everyone does is complain. The moral/atmosphere of the job is horrible. I dread coming in everyday...because no one really does anything to change the situation..all they do is complain and make everything worse for everyone else. I'd like to think that I CARE about my job and doing well, but I almost can't take it anymore. Nothing changes. So..I've been looking for jobs elsewhere lately. I have so many bills, I hate living alone, and I don't have anyone to rely or confide in. I'm so stressed out lately. I'm thinking about going to a therapist. Something isn't right with me anymore. I'm not happy, and I don't know my direction in life anymore. What can I do?



On the verge of a BREAKDOWN...need advice..?home theatre



First off, CALM DOWN! You are lucky you are going to college so there is a silver lining. You do not need to rely on someone to take care of or help you. You are independent and should be proud that you are working hard on your own. Prayer is always a crutch. Why don't you rent a room or get a few friends and rent a house together. It would be fun and help out a lot. If college is a little tough for you then go to a community college and take part time classes or change your career choice for now. My friend wanted to be a doctor, but could not afford it so she went to school for bartending and she worked for a while and then she went to college to be a doctor. Your job sounds like Hell so why not go job hunting while still keeping your job? There are a lot of jobs out there; just look hard. :) Do not stress yourself and focus on school because there is someone out there who cares for you deeply so don't do something drastic. As for your ex's, change your number.



On the verge of a BREAKDOWN...need advice..?ballet theater opera theater



Do u have ur family? can't u ask them to support u thru college?



how about taking student loans and paying them later when you get a GOOD job?



my husband went to med school and has a 200,000 dollar loan but he was not stressed out about money while he was in school and now he can pay off easily within a yr or so..



do not load urself with too many classes...



go out on weekends with ur friends



do u have a boyfriend? find a boy i mean u know..have fun! college is suppossed to be the best time of ur life..enjoy it.



one more thing- don't buy expensive clothes, creams and stuff like that for a while...when i was in school..i only had 2 jeans and 5 shirts...2 yrs i went without luxury..



u have to give up some stuff and ur bills are gonna go down..



do u mind telling me what bills u have? i can give u some suggesstions -i work as a finance consultant...i will edit my answer..



make some friends..talk to ur professors..trust me they can be good friends..



calm down..things will get better
You need to find a way to destress. Stress kills you!! So see a therapist they will help you gain a clear outlook on life.. Be kind to yourself and be kind to everyone else..
you need to take back control of your life...



take a semester off from school- during this time find a job that you like and best suits you- that should get the ball rolling again.
I have had anxiety before and have asked God for help. Just stay strong and don't lose it. Everything will be fine. Just keep ur number and block them. I'm sure God knows what ur going through. You should ask Him for help.



Prophet Muhammad taught us this, don't think it's a joke, say it with sincerity. Because no one will be able to help but only God. The more stress, the more difficult it'll be become. So relax.



鈥極 Allaah, I take refuge in You from anxiety and sorrow, weakness and laziness, miserliness and cowardice, the burden of debts and from being over powered by men.鈥檤||Start with telling your regular doctor, and ask advice on where to go, and what to do to get help. If you are low income, your doctor can get you sample medications for free, or enroll you in a drug program straight from the drug companies for free meds. The doctor can also refer you to counsellors who may be able to help you relax, and find other solutions to your dilemma. Mostly, you need to find another job. Your school will still be there if you need to take a semester or two off to work %26amp; catch up. Make a plan, and break it down to "Baby steps" to make it easier. 1st babystep, make a doctor's appointment.
I don't know which state your are in but you should be able to apply for some kind of grants, lottery scholarships, loans, or something. Just try to stay focus and don't let the people or the job STRESS YOU OUT b/c it's not worth it. Try to stay focus and positive. Yes you're going through some trouble times but just remember that the Lord don't put no more on you then you can handle. This is just a test of your strength and you will over come it. Please remember STRESS can and will kill you. Have you try to find you a job that will paid for your tuition; you might have to change your schedule around work full-time and go to school part-time. I worked 2 jobs and went to school full-time at night and had a 2yr old daughter. Just try to stick with it b/c you have started and I know you don't want to give up on everything that you have put into it. Just don't answer the phone for those no good ex boyfriends b/c they're not doing anything put add on to your problems.
it will get better i promise. the thing i did was try to make time for a work out. i suck at running so i tried doing it in intervals (walk then run, walk then run, etc). i found it really helped me try to release your frustrations while you run and listen to some music. it really helped me. and i know you probably think you have no time or energy to do this, well i did it while i was sleep deprived and i actually felt better, could focus more and had better energy levels. and yes a therapist is helpful. but just remember, this is a harder phase of your life and it Will pass, things will start to get better.
A therapist is probably a good idea. If you go to a psychiatrist, he or she can determine if medication would be of any help to you. Keep looking for another job. at the beginning of this year, I was working at a job I hated - I wanted to throw up just thinking about going to work. On the weekends, my fiance would bring me lunch that I could never eat because I sat in the car with him and cried about not wanting to go back in to work. The answer for me, was a temp job. Yeah, it was temporary, but it got me out of the awful job I was in that was making me miserable. I made new friends, and it gave me time to look for a permanent position elsewhere so that when the assignment was up, I had somewhere to go that wasn't a hell hole.



Therapy, or a support group - somewhere you can unload and vent if you need to would be highly beneficial to you. Your first step is probably going to be to try and get a different job. That can make all the difference in the world.



Hang in there, and good luck.
i think that you are sweating the small stuff! as far as the ex boyfriends calling..if they dont respect you... you should change your number immediately. but when you answer the phone when they call they are thinking that you do still have an interest in them. next your job, you seem to be complaining just like your co-workers. im not exactly sure of what it is that you are doing but if you don't like it, either make a complaint, have a petition going around with all the signatures of the other people who are unhappy (or call a union rep) or Quit!!! you can't complain if your not doing anything to help. about school...GET A LOAN, THEN YOU CAN USE SOME OF THE EXTRA MONEY TO PAY OFF YOUR BILLS AS WELL! we have all been there before sweety. and yes it is hard to live by yourself and deal with all of this. you feel like you have the weight of the world on your shoulders... but you don't! Everyone goes through this it's just a part of life. But it can't change if you dont seek help. try therapy or even prayer if you are religious! I am very religious and all of my answers always come from above. I hope this helps! BTW you should read "FootPrints" its a biblical reference.
Either A: take charge of your life and slowly start making the changes you need to make (even a little change will help back you off of a breakdown)



or B: go to the doctor and get on medication



or C: a combination of A and B



I'd recommend A... if you just can't take it though.. try C... but I wouldn't rely on just B (it changes nothing in the end.. so it's only a band-aid.. not a solution)



Edit: don't be so caught up in thinking "I shouldn't have to do this or that" If them calling and texting is a problem and you can't just tell them to stop and make them stop.. then change your number.



Also.. try getting some exercise.. even if it's just a walk around the block.. it will help your anxiety.
actually you are not alone... many people feel the very way you do. I have just recently gone through hell with my job and had to quit( alot of sneaking around was done behind my back and i couldnt take it anymore) the job industry i am in is very cut throat and i have decided to look for something completely different. I also have scheduled an appointment for myself with a psychiatrist who i feel will possibly help me getabetter handle on things in life. I suggestyou see a counselor and continue looking for a different job. Do not quit school.... once you finish andget your degree you will get a better job and be able to pay off your bills. Not being happy is a temporary issue... things will change... good luck
you sound very depressed, try some moderate excesses it might help increase your mood, once you feel a bit better you should begin to make some changes in your life. I would stay off meds for now they will only mask your under lying problems
Unhappy with your current job, worrying about tuition and passing your current classes, bills to pay, living alone with no one for support, and ex-boyfriend keeps contacting you, WOW! I can understand why you are feeling so overwhelmed. This is a lot to deal with.



You really need someone you can talk to. Is there a counseling office at your school? Sometimes someone there may be able to help or point you in the right direction in obtaining help with most of what you described (except with the ex-boyfriend situation).



However, if you are in a position to obtain professional help of a therapist I highly recommend it, as you do sound as your life stressors are becoming unmanageble.



I think you know how stressful your current job situation is because you have begun to look elsewhere. A step in the right direction. Good for you and good luck in your search!



Now on to the ex-boyfriend situation. Seems you are sending mixed messages.You say you no longer want the ex in your life, but you are still talking and having sexual relations with him. If you no longer want contact I would suggest you cut off all contact do not answer calls or read text messages (I know that's hard because of curiosity) and most importantly do not let him come over for sex. He is not respecting you because you are not respecting yourself. You are allowing and enabling this situation to continue and the longer you allow him to keep coming back he will.



I wish you luck in your endeavors and I hope you find some help to get you through this tough time.



I commend you for all that you are doing and trying to do. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan