Thursday, December 10, 2009

Pregnancy and high school.?

Its my senior year and i'm halfway done. I'm a little over 5 months pregnant. I come in late instead of missing whole days, I get so sick sometimes I can't get out of bed... but never hours late... maybe 10-20 mins. I have a note from my doctor saying that, "Yes, she's pregnant." but they said it doesn't matter I should ride the bus. They keep giving me detentions and suspensions and took my driving privileges away. So now I have to be ready at 630a and riding the bus.



Wtf.



I'm getting to the point where I'm feeling as though it's not worth the trouble and I can just do it later. I know, very stupid. But i'm not stressing myself out or my baby for things I can't control right now. Is homeschooling a good option, or should I just stick it out and take the suspensions and whatnot.



I have a gut feeling that it's not exactly right for them to just throw out my doctors note when if it said flu, it would be a different story.



I don't know. I'm acting out right now on my frustrations.



Pregnancy and high school.?binoculars



You have several options that you can look into.



Getting a GED, passing the test to get a GED would make things easier because you would completely done with school already.



Home schooling would also help, you could stay at home and complete high school as long as your parents, another family member as a teacher would be a great idea. Or you could look into getting a tutor to help you.



Alternative schools (schools for pregnant high school girls) are a good place to look into. They understand that you are pregnant and are a lot more easy going about things. Almost all larger cities have these types of schools.



Hope this helps. Keep your head up you are doing the right thing by finishing school. It will help you and your baby in the future.



Pregnancy and high school.?violin opera theater



Stop blaming everyone else for your poor choices.



It's time to suck it up and get to class on time. Get to bed early and set your alarm a little earlier so you'll have time to get going in the morning.



If you cannot handle getting to high school on time how are you going to deal with raising an infant?
I would call the Board of education to see what they can do for you, perhaps they can send someone to your house?



Either way, I would report the principal for Discriminating against you because your Pregnant,



Similar to that of a racist, or sexual orientation



Eg, What diffrent treatment and circumstance would a teacher receive or NOT receive if she were pregnant,



That JOBS allow special circumstances for pregnant and disabled women,



That other than a MEDICAL problem,



you are doing well in school,



that Because you are Pregnant, you are being treated MORE harshly than that of other students, and that you feel THIS IS A Special circumstance that should allow you to NOT be penalized excessively,



Real life is NOTHING LIKE SCHOOL



You could choose the hours of your Job, the type of job Ect



I would also say that the system is set up to FAIL pregnant students,



they create and enviornment that is NOT conducive nor receptive to tolerance, understanding and encoraging a students sucess,



A principal is there to ensure that a student with SPECIAL NEEDS receives special treatment/ educational privledges



In the real World you would be able to park in the front,



even grocery stores, have infant parking, What does the school offer,



( If hey say sometihng about unmarried students not being pregnant)



Great then say :



sounds discrimanatory to ME,



I wish your mother would step up and help you out a little



M
maybe you should have at least graduated high school before you got pregnant.... lol I can't believe you got a note from the doctor.... kids these days
If you're a senior, check out GED.



See if you can take the GED test so you can be finished with high school now.



If not, you do need to keep doing the high school thing - your baby needs you to have a high school diploma so you can continue on and build a better future...your baby does not need you to be a high school drop out.



You don't know about stress yet - it's only going to get more stressful for you - get on the bus at 6:30 if you have to.
If you cannot even make it to school on time, how are you gonna handle motherhood?



The challenges haven't even began for you, so you might as well step up to the plate now.



You will be fine, just be responsible for your own actions, take care of yourself and your baby and be a good mother. Good Luck!
I dropped out of high school and I have always regretted it. Even though I did get my GED later. You are sooo close, try to hang in there. Maybe instead of a Dr note saying your pregnant, the Dr could give you something to curb your sickness (assuming that its morning sickness or just fatigue) that way you wont be late everyday. Think of it like this...If you were already out of school and going to a job 5 mos pregnant they would NOT be 100% leanient with you just cause you're pregnant. They may fire you for being tardy!
Have you tried talking to the principal in a mature and informative way? The key to getting anyone to side with you is to try to explain yourself calmly and to be able to provide enough information so they can see your side. If that doesn't work, perhaps have another adult come in and talk to them.



Have you looked into any night school programs offered by your high school? That might be another option.



You're right; finishing school is very important. I would discourage you from trying to quit, as many people who leave school don't bother to go back. And it will be harder to go back when you have a kid to take care of.



It's horrible that schools are functioning this way. I've had friends in such situations and it was just easier for them to drop out. They now regret it. I'm sorry I can't tell you exactly how to get you to finish school, because it is hard, but I would keep trying to talk to the administration.
I just graduated high school in May of 2007. I had found out I was pregnant the August before that. I had a lot of problems during my pregnancy. I ended up switching to Cyesis, a high school program for pregnant girls they are thoughout the country.



Homeschooling is also a serious option if you talk to a guidance counselor. If you get put on bed rest in Cyesis they automatically set you up with a at home teacher.



Either way my daughter was born in March and I still graduated with my class as saluatatorian.



If you have any other questions about things let me know, my daughter is now ten months old so it wasn't very long ago I was in your situation.
First of all, your doctor should have written a better note than just saying "Yeah, she's pregnant." Go back to the doctor and try to get a better note. Secondly, these are the consequences for being IRRESPONSIBLE and getting pregnant while you're IN HIGH SCHOOL. Your school is only doing what they feel is right. WHY should you be allowed to go to school late everyday without consequences JUST BECAUSE YOU'RE PREGNANT? Being pregnant does NOT make you any better than anyone else. YOU are still subject to the same RULES as everyone else at that school. Unless your doctor gives you a better note stating your limitations because of your condition, you will either have to ACCEPT your school's rules and their consequences or quit school and get your GED.
I don't know what to tell you. My principal kicked me out of my school when I was a pregnant senior. Nicely tho. About the morning sickness try putting crackers or dry breakfast cereal by your bed at night and eat it before you even sit up. and try eating a high protien snack before you go to bed.



About them being jerks. How its looked at is your pregnant not sick, deal with it. Even when your working, If your having morning sickness to the point that its interfering with your job, like your always 10-20 mins late you get told to get up earlier and work around it. And it isn't just men that have this attitude either. Some of the most unsympathetic people i've met have been women, cause they've been there and pushed past it themselves.



Basically what I'm trying to tell you, is that you don't have the flu, your about to bring a baby into this world, so people expect you to act like an adult and take responsibility for the situation. I feel your pain, but really no one else is going to.



From personal experience, I didn't go back to school after I had my baby. I got my ged because I figured that I only had two required credits left and five electives, what was the point. The point is I have had so many jobs flat out tell me they don't accept applications from people with a ged, they have to have at least a high school diploma. colleges require extra tests and essays. If you have the baby before you finish school, talk to your counselor. There are schools set up for teenage moms. They're great programs. You should ask your counselor about them, maybe you can get into one now. They're set up to work around whats going on in your life, and they understand your situation better than a regular school would. Oh and it really is easier to go to school/college when they are still young and you don't have to help with homework while your trying to do yours. Best of luck.
Well a baby is a very important thing you need to talk with your school consular and tell them and make sure they understand! You need to be health for your baby. If you want I would side for you and talk to ur consuler for you also if you want to do it your self tell him he should set you 504 plan which would help you alot talk to him or her about it and if you still want help let me know!
Go back to your doctor and get a different note. It cannot simply say you are pregnant, it has to state your limitations and such. Maybe you should do online high school, or an ALC or something. Good Luck!
Pregnancy and going to high school is really tough. I found out I was pregnant a few weeks before school started of last year, I decided to go to an alternative school for my pregnancy to ease stress. If you don't know what an alternative school is, it's a school that you can work at your own pace. Work on courses by yourself. Though there will always be the issue of being late, hopefully you just get an understanding teacher. You could even look into finding a school that are for girls like you. I know where I am they have them. I didn't go to them while I was pregnant but am now finishing my high school at a school for young mothers. There is support out there and it is your job to find it. Good luck I know how it is, I have been there. Congrats on your baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan