Thursday, December 10, 2009

Can I use frozen ravioli in ravioli lasagna?

I'm making Rachael Ray's "Ravioli Lasagna" tonight to bake it and serve it tomorrow night. The recipe says to cook the ravioli for 6 mins. before assembling. Can I use frozen ravioli if I'm assembling it tonight and putting it in the fridge for tomorrow or should I go ahead and cook the ravioli? I'm pretty sure it would be ok since I'm not baking it until 4:30 tomorrow. What do you think. Serious answers only please. I'm holiday stressed enough as it is!



Here's the recipe.



http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/?q=recipes...



Can I use frozen ravioli in ravioli lasagna?comedy show



I think it will be fine. as they are very thin however, they only cook for 6 mins anyway why not just follow the recipe?



Can I use frozen ravioli in ravioli lasagna?greek theater opera theaterI did follow the recipe with one pan and chose to use frozen ravioli in the other pan. The frozen ravioli pan tasted so much better than the one with the pre cooking! The noodles just didn't hold up. Thanks for all the responses. Report It


You could use the frozen Ravioli now. It will be baked tomorrow and warmed up and cooked during that time in the oven.
I'm pretty sure you'll be fine using frozen. The sauce will cook it in the oven, and it will have thawed a bit already. I wouldn't chance boiling it and then having it turn to mush.
Just thaw the ravioli. You do not need to pre-cook. The recipe has been around for awhile. I've never seen such a complicated recipe for such a simple dish. I'd be stressed too. Here's an easy one -- add enough sauce though and cover the dish. Happy Holidays.



1 (26 ounces) jar pasta sauce



1 (30 ounces) bag frozen large cheese ravioli, thawed



1 (10 ounces) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry



1 (8 ounces) bag shredded mozzarella cheese



1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese



Heat oven to 350. Spray 13x9 inch baking dish with Pam and spoon in 1/3 of sauce. Arrange 12 ravioli on top and scatter the spinach over them. Top with 1/2 of the cheeses. Cover with another layer of ravioli and the remaining sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and bake 25 minutes. Uncover and bake 5-10 more minutes or until bubbly.
Since they should thaw nicely over night in the fridge...I think you will be just fine withought par cooking them.
Why not just do the frozen ravioli. the extra minutes you have left will work great for something else that always comes up! Happy Holidays

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan