Saturday, December 5, 2009

Dropping a class in community college?

Ok I already have like 6 w's on my transcript. I do tend to take a bit of an overload of classes since I keep telling myself I can do it. Its just hard to manage my time. I have so many things going on. I have been putting this class (accounting) to the side. I thought I could catch up this week but I just saw two more chapters were due today and a midterm next week. I'm 6 chapters behind plus I have other important stuff going stuff with my other classes and other responsibilities. I'm thinking of dropping, it'll be #7. I'm so stressed. Please advice. I'm scare of not getting accepted into ANY decent universities when I transfer! :(



Dropping a class in community college?dream theater



Just a question, obviously, you are not withdrawing within the short time you're allotted to do so, so are your W's...WF or WP...?



WP means withdrawl with a passing grade. WF means withdrawl with a failing grade.



Have you retaken these courses that you've dropped? I assume you must be taking them because you need to? Retake them and perhaps you'll get a good grade that will replace the W on there.



My advice, stick it out. Don't drop. Get a tutor, reserve the entire weekend to study. Rewrite notes, redo homework you do not understand. Dropping classes isn't showing that you know how to manage time, I'm afraid.



Best advice, from now on try to take around 16 credit hours, and no more. You are definitely not helping yourself with dropping classes left and right. So, chances are, if you continue to do so, you will hurt your chances of continuing your education.



Strap down for the remainder of this period and get it done. You can do it with some work. It won't be easy, but you can begin this weekend with studying for that midterm!



Take a lighter load next time.



Retake those W's. It may not affect your GPA, but it will change the W to an actual grade! Try not to have any WF's remaining on your transcript when you try to transfer. Normal grades will replace the W as you take the classes, and the university you want to transfer to, will not see you dropping out. It's fixable, but it's definitely a habit you need to kick in the bud.



Dropping a class in community college?performing arts opera theater



first of all, u need to learn how to prioritize both your time with your classes. Many people take too many classes because they "think" they can handle it. I think next time you should take like a hard class, then maybe an easier class, so you wont b stressed out or fall behind. You should stop worrying about the whole getting accepted thing because once you start getting a good balance of courses, your grades will improve, therefore a better chance of you getting accepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan