Thursday, December 10, 2009

Protein deficient, and I need some help please?

I'm a vegetarian and I've always had a problem getting an adequate amount of protein each day. When I was younger, it wasn't that bad because I ate a lot, and some how I got enough. I'm 20 now, and it's not that I'm hungry and won't eat, but I find myself not hungry at all many times. The chances of protein in my body are pretty much non-existent.



It's getting to the point that my hair is falling out really bad. I'm also stressed about passing finals, which I'm sure contributes to the hair loss. It's falling out at a rather alarming rate, and in less than 6 months, I went from one of the thickest sets of hair I can bet you've ever seen, to a dramactically thinner amount. It's not that thin yet to where you can see my scalp and patches, but if I can't figure this out now, it may be.



I really need protein, and I won't eat meat, chicken, fish, etc. I'm left with protein shakes. Of all that are available, are there any you know that actually taste good and are enjoyable to drink? thanks



Protein deficient, and I need some help please?theatre



Hey Kara,



I'm a vegetarian also, so I know the difficulties in getting protein into your diet. First of all, it sounds like you have more issues than just protein, so I would recomend seeing someone to talk to. Most universities have a counseling program that you already pay for with your student fees, might as well utilize it - I did when I was going through a tough time.



As far as protein shakes go, I'd recomend staying away from them. Eat natural foods, it's better for you and you'll feel better about your personal behaviors. Nuts, tofu, beans, tempeh, peanut butter, eggs if you allow that in your diet.



However, making changes in one's life, especially when you're going through tough times, is harder than just saying, "I'm going to do this!" and do it. How many times have we tried that? So, I'd say try and see a counselor to get help, or ask friends and family. Good luck.



Eric



Protein deficient, and I need some help please?opera music opera theater



Soy %26amp; Tofu



Peanuts



Lowcarb Grain Products



Nuts



Seeds



Eggs



Dairy



Microorganisms %26amp; Misc



Fake Meat %26amp; Other Products



Legumes (useful in moderate-carb diets)



Grains
If your hair is falling out, you need to seek medical advice. There could be more going on.



I use GNC's 100% Whey Protein in Chocolate. It tastes pretty good just mixed with water. Better than any of the other protein powders I've tried. But for a little more punch, try this recipe (I have it for breakfast a couple times a week):



1/2 Banana



1/2 Cup Frozen Berries (I use a mix of blueberries, raspberries %26amp; black berries)



1 Cup Skim Milk or Soy Milk



1/2 Cup Ice



1 1/2 Scoops 100% Whey Protein - Chocolate



Mix in a blender and it's HEAVEN in a cup! I love it.
Try these: http://organicfoodbar.com



They come in vegan choclate chip and taste GREAT. You can also find them super-cheap at discount stores.;)
You can mix beans with grains to get complete protein. Also, getting a vitamin B12 supplement may be a good idea.



Here is a healthy foods list. Pick your proteins from the vegetarian sources.



http://www.spartafit.com/nutrition/prefe...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan