Saturday, December 5, 2009

Falling apart?

I'm not writing this question to whine or be emo. I'm just having trouble looking on the bright side of things. A while ago, I got my cutting found out and I've got help for it now, but it feels like everything's just falling apart. Before anyone found out, I could compartmentalize, put away my self-injury, not think about it all the time. I'm so stressed out from all this that I'm crying all the time, not sleeping much, and snapping at everyone. It wasn't like this before. I thought the point of counseling was to make you better, not worse. I always try to put on a smile and be normal and "brave," (read: act like my normal outgoing, bubbly, pleasant, self,) but it's so hard. My parents still expect me to maintain perfect grades and be pleasant all the time throughout all this. They just don't listen, much less understand what's really going on. My perfect facade is cracking, my life's been shattered, and I'm running around frantically trying to pick up the shards of it.



Falling apart?globe theater



Sweetie, I think your getting more emotional and more stressful because the counseling is starting to bring things to the surface and your afraid to face them. Just try to go with the feelings. You won,t die if you face them. I promise. I,m an older woman, a retired nurse and I,ve had abuse and many other things happen in my life, so I know a little of where your coming from. I,ve never cut myself, but I did almost everything else you can imagine. This is so odd. I watched a movie about this very thing last night. If you ever need to just talk you can come on here and I will give you my email address.



Falling apart?oper opera theaterHoney my email is mommachewy@yahoo.com Report It


it could be depression, post pardum depression or anxiety. I have anxiety and it sounds like a big case of anxiety to me...Helping it could be going ou in the sun a little more-no joke.
life sucks get out have fun with the people you love, and F the rest! its not worth sitting around thinking about your problems. live.
notice how you write.....you use the word 'try' a lot and the word 'but' also.



If you are only trying, then you are not doing. You can't be. Trying is only putting forth some effort and when you do not succeed, you tried. But doing is where you need to focus your attention. Don't try to do something, just do it.



Also, dont' focus on the negative things. This happened, that happened......it happens to everyone. It is your approach to what happened that make the ultimate difference.



If someone dies, then mourn, but then move on. Things you can change, worry about.....if you can do nothing about it, stopp worrying.
Sounds to me like you need a medical doctor. Maybe some medicine for stress or depression. You definitely need help with whatever you are going through. Don't know if that is possible but if you don't get help soon, you will crack.



Best of luck to you.
I had the same problem. My friends and I got in a fight last year and nothing's been the same since then. Things were bad for a while. I developed a cutting addiction. Yes, it's an addiction, because it gives you adrenalline (idk if i spelled that right) and that can be addicting. I stopped cutting, and also stopped eating. Every once in a while the cutting comes back, but then I realize that it's useless and doesn't help things at all. I eat now, but I think I have a little bit of depression and when I get upset, it lasts a few days, weeks, or months at a time. When I'm upset, I don't eat much. I try to avoid it as much as possible. Not eating got me sick especially because I'm Anemic and should eat to keep me healthy. Eventually the major cause of the problem moved away and I started dressing less dark, eating again, stopped cutting, and things got better from there. Don't try to pick up the pieces of your shattered life, your grades might not be perfect, but they won't be bad unless you get completely careless. Just try to relax a little bit. In the process you'll find yourself a little bit more, and become a lot stronger (trust me). After the fight with my friends I got a lot stronger and I don't hate myself as much as I used to (I'm not an emo, not at all). Try listening to self-powering music. Punk is usually pretty good. Yes, it does yell a lot and stuff. Avoid emo music such as AFI, Simple Plan, and Hawthorne heights. Try listening to Green Day's old music (the funny stuff). Avril Lavigne is more pop, but her lyrics helped me. She has songs against guys who don't treat their girlfriend right and stuff. She really helps, trust me. Also try to find bands like The Pixistix, and Perfectly Broken. If you have myspace you can actually talk to the members of both bands. I'm in The Pixistix, you can talk to me on that profile, and I've become fairly close friends with the girls from Perfectly Broken, they've helped me out with a lot of things. What I've learned in the past couple years is to just let things happen, don't get too stressed out over things, don't try to act happy and fake smile when your upset. There's always somebody to talk to who can help. I hope this helps you out a little. Sorry if it's hard to understand, it's pretty much just a bunch of word vommit. I hope things get better for you.



~*~*~Rebel~*~*~
Things will probably be a little shaky for awhile until they get



better. Hopefully you have a counselor that you can talk to.



If you can't talk to your parents, maybe the counselor can. I just re-read your question, you are in counseling. I hope things work out with this counselor. Your parents need to understand you are not perfect but special nonetheless. When you are able to work through some of the issues that caused you to cut I believe things will get better for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan