Thursday, December 10, 2009

How can the law help in this situation when the husband is abusive? Click to read more?

Hi yeah I'm very stressed out. First of all I'm 21 years old(just in case you might think I'm a teenager just because I'm asking about a family situation lol) anyway my mom has been going a hundred mile an hour taking care of everybody 24/7(including an 18month old baby which my brother rarely takes her home at night. dude it's not like he's disabled!) anyway her back has been hurtin really bad like back tension, and her doctor even suggested she should take a few days off. Well I can only come home on weekends because I'm going to school, and my dad(who's always been emotionally abusive to her, treating her like a slave and makes her sleep on the floor.), still tells her to do this and that even though he clearly knows she's in pain and bed resting! My pastor's wife offered to take care of my neice but my mom of course declined(she called her bawling because she needed someone else to clean the church). Ok running out of characters. Suggestions? What can the Law do to help? curious



How can the law help in this situation when the husband is abusive? Click to read more?opera score



There are domestic violence laws in every state, you will have to do some research on your particular state. However, most do not address emotional abuse.



The main issue is your Mother. Until she decides to stop it, until she decides that she has had enough, there are not enough laws in this country to help her.



Most of the people that wait for intervention by local law enforcement wind up back together before the case ever goes to court.



Your mother has do decide that she has had enough. At that time, there are social programs and laws to help and protect her.



Good luck and God bless.



How can the law help in this situation when the husband is abusive? Click to read more?musicals opera theater



The only thing I can offer to you is a GREAT BIG **soft** but gentle ((HUG)) and say that I hope all works out for you.... I don't know exactly what Law can do about it...
The laws are divorce laws. There are shelters for battered/abused women and a number of social services to help. Salvation Army can assist in contacting a shelter. BUT it is up to your Mother.
Wow this is really bad.



Well The Dad will prob get



in bad trouble.



Just to lt you know



your mom is going



through this for



you guys.



My father went threw a lot



with my step mom



just for our family that



way my brother an sisters



would end up



like me with out a family.



Your moms a Very Strong Woman.
Well you could make the argument that your niece is in an unstable environment. But that might get your mom into trouble for allowing the cause of that environment to stay there. However as part of a deal, they might say hey you can keep your niece but you have to kick the husband out...



You go to school. I'm sure there is a prelaw adviser somewhere on campus. USE THEM! And print out the answers too to show him or her the results of your question.



You can also try your college counseling services. You have more resources than you can possibly know of on that campus. Heck, just go to the Women's Studies department alone and ask to speak to the chair. Its not that hard and you will get the help that you need.
their is realy nothing the law can do but you can tell your brother whats going on and make him take his kid home this would take some of the pressure off her but thier is nothing that can be done about the way your dad treats your mom unless he hits her but even then she would have to tell the cops he did it so i think the best bet is to get your bro to take his kid sorry wish i could be more help
You should talk to your mother. If you really want to bring the law into the situation then you should contact the department of family and children services. If your mother is being abused she has to stand up and decide not to take it anymore. Your mother probably doesn't want you to call defacs because she loves her gran daughter as you said she she want even allow the pastors wife to take care of her grand-baby. You are in a tough situation, there are laws against family violence, but they are more tuned to physical abuse. The best thing may be for you to finish school and get a good job so you can move your mom in with you. Good Luck.
Not sure what they can do -cops can't arrest him for being emotionally abusive. can she leave?



can you tell your brother to get off his dumb *** and take care of his baby?



good luck in school...hurry up and finish so you can take care of some of this for your mom.
Call your states Dept. of Human Services. They should be able to direct you better than anyone here. They will know the local laws. I do know it's unlawful to force someone to sleep on the floor against their will though. Good luck.
Ex DH was abusive. The Battered Women's Program helped me. I kept blamming myself, thought I deserved this or that. Etc. They play this mind game with you. Where you start to beleave certain things. Thought I couldn't live w/o ex. Now I can't stomach the thought of him. She has to ask for help. Can't hurt to talk to someone. My case, we met at a private location. They went out of their way to help me. BTW - I'm now with a great guy. My DH ( a cop) works for the Sheriffs office. He says the same as an earlier post. The majority will end up back with the abuser. That's why I say she needs to get outside help. Also, if she does leave. Be carefull for the rebound thing. My counselor warned me about it. And it happened. Met a guy who ended up putting me into the hospital. Thanks to my counselor, had the strength %26amp; knowledge to throw him in jail. They offered to go to court with me. Than I met my new DH, thought he was to good to be true. He is, but I had to come to realize, that men really are good. They don't all want to hurt woman. She deserves so much better. And there really is a good life out there waiting for her.



Note from the battered women program



"We are here to listen, not to work miracles. We are here to help women discover what they are feeling, not to make the feelings go away. We are here to help women identify her options, not to decide for her what she should do. We are here to discuss steps with a woman, not to take the steps for her. We are here to help woman discover her own strength, not to rescue her %26amp; leave her vulnerable. We are here to help woman discover she can help herself, to take responsibity for her. We are here to help woman learn to choose, not to keep them from making difficult choices. We are here to provide support for a change."
You will have to get your mom to file a report/complaint against her husband. This is probably not going to happen, but if you can convince her to make the complaint then the police or another agency that works with the police may help her find somewhere else to go and by extension help her with the baby if the baby is in her custody at that time...



Good luck.
Being forced to sleep on the floor is physical abuse. But , in the end or should i say the beginning of the end, IT HAS TO BE YOUR MOM , to make the move. If she doesn't have legal custody of the child, I'd be wary of the child welfare agencies. She could be removed. Many agencies are calling domestic abuse child endagerment. It really is tho.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
trojan